Date of event: Sun 15th Nov 2020
Level of event: Local (D)
Nearest town: Ponterwyd
Please note due the lack of mobile reception at the venue you will need to download the event, map and course on to your app before leaving home and leave it on. It is important not to exit the app as this will lose the information for it to work. The app only needs a satellite signal when running your course. As already instructed in our guidance notes you will need to select settings on your mobile phone and under display and brightness – sleep the option never.
The event will be uploaded onto the Usynligo website on Saturday afternoon.
In order to publish results could you please send your individual results to Terry Smith at email@example.com on your return home. This can be done by selection the event and course you have completed and on the top right corner of the screen click on the the 3 lines and then on to the 3 dots which are in a triangular shape and then click on the email account. This will produce a XML file which I can then download on to the website.
Blaenmelindwr is the location but we will be using the area called Banc Trawsnant, which is just south of the Llyn Blaenmelindwr. The area is mainly open hill with many contour details and small crags.
Guidance as to how to download and use the Usyligo App can be found by clicking onto the following link https://www.mid-wales-orienteers.org.uk/info/vocs
Some important points:-
- Entries only through Fabian4 and will be limited to 29, no entries on the day.
- Waterproof maps will be provided on the day to all competitors who have entered, you will also be able to see the same map on your smartphone if you prefer to use this.
- Time slots will be allocated when you enter, please keep to these as we are trying to keep social distancing.
- The only Club official available on the day will be the Planner Robert Griffiths. To avoid physical contact, maps will laid out in marked plastic trays, which Robert will point you to. Please keep the social distancing of 2 meter at all times.
- Unfortunately the software does not allow the central recording of results but you will be able to view your results against the other competitors running your course by clicking on results tab on your UsynligO App after everyone has finished.
- You will need to change your smartphone settings under display & brightness sub heading sleep to never sleep.
- Allow UsynligO App to access your location at all times.
- In the App settings set your control radius to 15 meters and minimum GPS accuracy to 100 meters
COVID-19 pandemic, please note the following
Please remember to stay safe and to stay within the governments guidelines on social distancing.
We hope that you enjoy the event, but please be mindful of your own health and others, we ask that you will:
- Heed the current government restrictions for example if you have a pre-existing medical condition
- Keep yourself safe, but also be aware and keep any members of the general public safe, so hand washing is important and do consider this as technical training not a race - always give people you encounter 2 meters of space - if you need to divert or stop and wait, please do so
- Support the government’s efforts to manage the infection. Consider any journey carefully, avoid public transport and don't undertake excessive travel
- If you have any questions regarding the use of the software, which has not already been covered please let me know and I will try to answer them. You can contact me by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nearest town: Ponterwyd
- Grid Ref: SN713834
- Latitude: 52.43385
- Longitude: -3.89379
- Google Map (aerial) - Bing Map (OS)
- Planner: Robert Griffiths
- Organiser: Clive Thomas
Info for dog owners
No dogs allowed
There are no facilities on site the nearest would be either Ponterwyd or Garth depending on which direction you are travelling from.
Please note: when entering our events your name may appear in the results section of this website or in newspaper reports.
Posted by Terry Smith